MISSION AND VALUES
Sing for Hope harnesses the power of the arts to create a better world.
ABOUT SING FOR HOPE:
Sing for Hope harnesses the power of the arts to create a better world. Our creative programs bring hope, healing, and connection to millions of people in hospitals, care facilities, schools, refugee camps, transit hubs, and community spaces worldwide. Founded in New York City in 2006, Sing for Hope partners with hundreds of community-based organizations, mobilizes thousands of artists in creative service, and produces artist-created Sing for Hope Pianos across the US and around the world.
Our programs include:
SING FOR HOPE PIANOS — From the Bronx to Beirut, a global arts initiative that creates artist-designed pianos; places them in parks, streets, and public spaces; then transports and activates them year-round in permanent homes in schools and hospitals.
SING FOR HOPE EDUCATION — Dynamic arts workshops and standards-based curricula that inspire civic action and uplift youth, educators, and local communities.
SING FOR HOPE HEALING ARTS — Research-based creative performances, workshops, and curated cultural experiences that promote wellness, connection, and respite in hospitals, long-term care facilities, hospices, and treatment centers.
SING FOR HOPE GLOBAL — Creative advocacy, leadership, and program design that drive the integration of the arts in policy and at global convenings on social change.
The official Cultural Partner of the World Summit of Nobel Peace Laureates, Sing for Hope champions art for all because we believe the arts have an unmatched capacity to uplift, unite, and heal.
- The creative arts are a powerful conduit for hope. We believe that the creative arts have unique power to heal, unite, educate, and transform.
- Creativity is a fundamental human right. We believe that access to the arts is a right, not a privilege.
- Access to creative resources is not equitable today, but grassroots, artist-led action helps to level the field. We believe that through Sing for Hope’s network of support, artists can act as powerful resource re-allocators for creativity, sharing the arts and their byproduct — hope — where they are needed most.
- Sharing creativity in communities enriches artists in tandem with those they serve. Sing for Hope Artist Partners serve in every Sing for Hope program as our most vital asset, leveraging their creative service to transform individuals and communities in need. Through their sharing of time and talent, Sing for Hope Artist Partners are enriched alongside the communities they serve, as creativity is an endlessly renewable resource that increases with use.
- Sing for Hope programs are designed for our community institutional partners based on the needs and of the individuals and communities served. Our community institutional partners are co-investors in, and beneficiaries of, our programming.
- We measure our transformation of individuals and communities through careful tracking of our impact and outcomes, demonstrating the power of the arts to generate joy, determination, renewed optimism, and connection/unity in each community we serve.
- Sing for Hope values integrity, excellence, passion, and positivity as key attributes of our organization and our work. We are program-driven, impact/results-oriented, and artist- and community-sensitive.